Invitation valedictory lecture Prof. Jos Engelen
10 - 03 - 2017 om 13:58 tot 11 - 03 - 2017 om 13:58
Wat: Invitation valedictory lecture Prof. Jos Engelen
When: 10 March 2017
Waar: Aula of the University of Amsterdam (for directions see further down)
On behalf of the Faculty of Science at the University of Amsterdam (UvA), I cordially invite you to attend the valedictory lecture of Prof. Jos Engelen, professor of Experimental High Energy Physics at the UvA and former distinguished research professor at the Faculty of Science.
The public lecture will be delivered in the Aula of the University of Amsterdam on Friday, 10 March 2017. You are also invited to attend the mini-symposium in honour of Professor Engelen, prior to the valedictory lecture. His valedictory lecture will begin at 16:15. After the lecture, a reception will be held in the Maagdenhuis, next to the Aula complex. We look forward to your attendance.
Prof. Peter van Tienderen
Dean of the Faculty of Science
All fellow professors are invited to join in the academic procession. Please be prompt and bring your own gown.
13:45 Doors open
• Prof. Stan Bentvelsen (Nikhef, University of Amsterdam) – Welcome and introductory remarks
• Prof. Sir Tejinder S. Virdee (Imperial College London, CERN) – CERN: from SPS to LHC, two paths
• Prof. Els Koffeman (Nikhef, University of Amsterdam) – Development of Instrumentation for Particle Physics and Astroparticle Physics
• Prof. Sijbrand de Jong (Nikhef, Radboud University) – CERN today and tomorrow
• Prof. Jean-Sébastien Caux (University of Amsterdam) – Open Access and beyond – SciPost
16:15 Valedictory lecture
•Prof. Jos Engelen – Golden Years – from CERN to DESY and back
Drinks in the Maagdenhuis
to the Aula of the University of Amsterdam
Singel 411, 1012 WN Amsterdam
The University Aula can best be reached by public transport: tram 1, 2, 5 (tram stop: Spui) and 4, 9, 14, 16, 24 (tram stop: Spui/Rokin). The closest available parking facilities are at Singel 540 (Geelvinck) and Singel 451c (Kalverstraat).
For more information you can contact P.de.Jong@nikhef.nl; tel. +31 (0)20-592 2087
Registration is not needed.
Read the original PDF here.