This is a general VideoConf redirection page. It is intended to facilitate connecting to the CERN Vidyo setup.
It does not replace CERN documentation, nor should be constued as to mean that the Vidyo service if offered for any use other than in conjunction with endorsed activities.
Videoconferencing will be available, hosted on the CERN Vidyo system, including a H323 capability, SIP dial-in, and PSTN.
- Connect using WebRTC to https://vidyowebrtc.cern.ch/web/index.html?portal=https://vidyoportal.cern.ch&roomKey=2KK49yAwGGzJ (iVidyoConnect)
- Connect with H323 or SIP to vidyogw.cern.ch (18.104.22.168) and
enter conference ID: 109338677#
Alternative endpoints are at vidyogw04: 22.214.171.124, or try one of the old vidyo servers at e.g.: 126.96.36.199
- Connect with H323 to cern-vidyo-gateway0.internet2.edu (188.8.131.52 and [2001:48a8:68fe:5::80]) and enter conference ID: 109338677#
- The vidyo client is also available for mobile platforms like Android and iOS. It is also available for various Linux flavours.
- Direct SIP connections to sip:firstname.lastname@example.org ... or enter code 109338677#
- Call one of the following dial-in numbers and enter conference ID "109338677#":
- +31 20 7165248 (Amsterdam, NL)
- +1 630 840 5470 (US and Canada - Batavia, IL)
- +1 631 344 2616 (US and Canada - Upton, NY)
- +420 9 50072376 (Prague, CZ)
- +41 22 7671400 (Geneva, CH)
- +34 91 1233708 (Madrid, ES)
- +44 20 30510622 (London, UK)
- +33 48 1077580 (RENATER, France)
- +420 2 28880755 (Prague, CZ)
- +49 40 8998 1350 (Germany, DE)
- +86 108 823 6019 (Beijing, CN)
- For Nikhef users:
- dial extension 2263 from any desk phone and enter code "109338677#" after the prompt.
- See CERN Vidyo documentation for more solutions
Download the full desktop client for chat support and participant listing from the CERN website or here for windows, linux, debian, RPM/RedHat, and Mac.
- Connect using WebRTC to https://vidyowebrtc.web.cern.ch/?key=2KK49yAwGGzJ (experimental)
End-point device hints
- On Polycom (HDX) devices, use the pound sign to bring up the dialpad, so you can then enter the conference number
- If your H.323 endpoint is unwilling to connect to the IP address (or to vidyogw.cern.ch) and returns "unknown number" or a similar message, try to remove any "gatekeeper" configuration from the system settings menu (look for "gatekeeper", or E.164 settings)
- There are many H.323 clients that use your own laptop as an end-point:
cross-platform open source clients like Ekiga,
and Windows clients like Polycom RealPresence Desktop, or Polycom PVX.
- Quality really depends on your connected audio and video
equipment. Use hardware echo cancellation: e.g. a Duet USB speakerphone,
or a Logitech BCC950. Small investment, big improvement!
Comments to David Groep