My research is in the area of theoretical particle physics, especially in its methods and phenomenology at high-energy colliders like the LHC or a future linear lepton collider. Most of my research focuses on Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD), the theory of the strong interactions that is part of the Standard Model of particle physics. I am keen to advance the precise description of scattering processes at colliders, especially for the top quark and other heavy quark flavours, both at finite order and at all orders in QCD perturbation theory, and using analytic and numerical Monte Carlo methods.
A selection of recent publications:
- B.W. Harris, E. Laenen, L. Phaf, Z. Sullivan and S. Weinzierl, The fully differential single top quark cross-section in next to leading order QCD, Phys. Rev. D66 (2002) 054024
- T.O. Eynck, E. Laenen and L. Magnea, Exponentiation of the Drell-Yan cross-section near partonic threshold in the DIS and MS-bar schemes, JHEP 0306 (2003) 057
- A. Banfi and E. Laenen, Joint resummation for heavy quark production, Phys. Rev. D71 (2005) 034003
- E. Laenen and L. Magnea, Threshold resummation for electroweak annihilation from DIS data, Phys. Lett. B632 (2006) 270-276
- S. Frixione, E. Laenen, P. Motylinski, B.R. Webber, Single-top production in MC@NLO, JHEP 0603 (2006) 092
- S. Frixione, E. Laenen, P. Motylinski, B.R. Webber, Angular correlations of lepton pairs from vector boson and top quark decays in Monte Carlo simulations, JHEP 0704 (2007) 081
- S. Frixione, E. Laenen, P. Motylinski, B.R. Webber, C.D. White, Single-top hadroproduction in association with a W boson, JHEP 0807 (2008) 029
- E. Laenen, G. Stavenga, C.D. White, Path integral approach to eikonal and next-to-eikonal exponentiation, JHEP 0903 (2009) 054
- W. Beenakker, S. Brensing, M. Kramer, A. Kulesza, E. Laenen, I. Niessen, Soft-gluon resummation for squark and gluino hadroproduction, JHEP 0912 (2009) 041
- E. Gardi, E. Laenen, G. Stavenga, C.D. White, Webs in multiparton scattering using the replica trick, JHEP 1011 (2010) 155
- L. Hartgring, E. Laenen, P. Skands, Antenna Showers with One-Loop Matrix Elements, JHEP 1310 (2013) 127.
- Wim Beenakker, Christoph Borschensky, Michael Krämer, Anna Kulesza, Eric Laenen, Vincent Theeuwes, Silja Thewes, NNLL resummation for squark and gluino production at the LHC, JHEP 1412 (2014) 023.
- Domenico Bonocore, Eric Laenen, Lorenzo Magnea, Leonardo Vernazza, Chris D. White, The method of regions and next-to-soft corrections in Drell–Yan production, Phys.Lett. B742 (2015) 375-382.
- Eric Laenen, Kasper J. Larsen, Robbert Rietkerk, Imaginary parts and discontinuities of Wilson line correlators, Phys.Rev.Lett. 114 (2015) 18, 181602.