EGI Security Policy Group March 2011 MeetingThe next Amsterdam 2011 SPG meeting will take place in Amsterdam at Nikhef, the Dutch National Institute for Sub-atomic Physics, on January 12 and 13, 2011.
|When||Wednesday Jan 12, 10:00 - 17:00 till Thursday 13, 09:30 - 16:00, 2011|
|Where||Nikhef, Room N3.28*|
* On level 3, reachable via N-wing lift only. Proceed to this room from entrance initially via ground floor.
- Hotel information and suggestions
- Getting to Nikhef and the Science Park Amsterdam
- Quick Guide to Amsterdam (but beware of public transport changes!)
- Public Transport and "OV Chipkaart" information (with fare information here)
- EGI SPG Agendas and meeting materials
- via the Global Dialling System GDS to 0031 8001 98004.
- via direct IP to the MCU at 22.214.171.124 (hdmcu1.surfnet.nl) and then choose conference 98004 and press "#" to confirm. Or use the far-end camera controls on your remote.
- by telephone by dialing +31 20 716 5293, and then choose "3" from the voice-response menu. Once connected to the MCU, choose 98004 as the conference and confirm by pressing "#"
- by telephone by dialing +31 23 711 2461, and then choose "3" from the voice-response menu. Once connected to the MCU, choose 98004 as the conference and confirm by pressing "#"
- NH Tropen hotel: take the #9 tram direction "Diemen Sniep" and get off at the Kruislaan intersection. Having boarded it at the "1ste van Swindenstraat", it is the 5th stop. Get off the tram, cross the road and start walking roughly eastwards towards the science park. There is a train station "Science Park" and an underpass (~ 70m long) under a shunting yard after 800m. Go straight ahead, under the railway tracks and keep walking. Having crossed a wide street "MacGillavry laan", the entrance to the WCW Science Park is on your left after another 80m. Go left and follow the sign to Nikhef or see the map below.
- From (near) Amsterdam Central station: get the #9 tram (see above) or take the train leaving from platform 14 at *:18 and *:48 towards "Almere Oostvaarders". The train takes approx 8 min to get to the "Amsterdam Science Park" station, which will be the 2nd stop. Get off the train and follow the signs to the "Science Park". You will have to take the underpass across the shunting yard.
- From Schiphol airport: take any train to Amsterdam central station (NOT to Zuid) and then change trains to "Almere Oostvaarders", leaving from platform 13 or 14 at *:18 and *:48 from Central Station. Get off at the Science Park train station and follow the signs to the science park, taking the underpass.
For the bus: buy a day ticket from a vending machine. These are RFID-based cards that will be accepted on trams, busses and metros (but not trains). A day ticket costs 7 Euro. See http://www.gvb.nl/english/travellers/tickets-and-fares/Pages/Ticketsandfares.aspx for more bus/tram ticket information.
area map, and the , the WCW campus map, and the WCW main gate.
Inside Nikhef from the reception area to N3.28